Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Puddle Police at the Garden Centre

Where would your kids like to go on a special outing with you? The movies? An icecream shop? A cafe? A park? How about Flower Power? Yes, that's right, a garden centre.

I took Mr Sociable on a "Mummy Date" last weekend & we went to Flower Power. We had a great time! There was a cafe, a playground, lots of plants to look at and.... PUDDLES! I knew there would be puddles. I brought spare clothes just in case.


Mr Sociable loves puddles and had a super-fun time jumping in them. He was pretty good about not wetting me or the other cars. But I was really surprised by all the filthy looks I got from people walking past. Like I was irresponsible to let my child jump in puddles. I'm really glad that Mr Sociable was having too much fun to notice their disapproving stares - I don't want him to feel self-conscious about being a kid and having fun!

Before the puddle-jumping, we also ate morning tea...


and looked at the plants and fountains. 


We chose a special plant together to remember our fun time. Mr Sociable is really into cacti at the moment!


But the highlight of the morning was definitely the puddles!


Do you let your kids jump in puddles? Do you understand why other people were giving me grumpy looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...