Thursday 23 February 2012

A great afternoon and a clean craft cupboard

What is your idea of a fun afternoon at home (without kids)? Watching TV with some chocolate? Reading a good book in the bath? Spending some time on a craft project? Cleaning out a cupboard? Yes, cleaning out a cupboard! I used to think my love of organisation was a bit unusual, until I started reading blogs written by other women who love it too (eg. Home Life Simplified, The Organised Housewife). It is so satisfying (and relaxing) to spend an afternoon cleaning out a cupboard, while catching up on some my favourite TV shows!

Our beloved BESTA unit from IKEA. The best part about it is that it's easy to hide junk.
The worst part about it is that it's easy to hide junk!
I decided to use my child-free time this afternoon to clean up the craft cupboard (Mr Sociable was at Prep and Mr Fun was asleep). I've been wanting to do it for a while & when I read this post on The Useful Box, I got excited about this project.

The finished product
I went to Bunnings and found some great containers with removable section dividers.

The sequin box
Adhesive foam shapes (we mostly use these to make cards
I removed quite a few sections in this box to fit pipe cleaners and long feathers
A deeper box for larger misc. craft items (the sections aren't removable on this one)
 Some craft items stayed in the boxes I already had and some were moved to different boxes. I finished off the afternoon going label-maker crazy & finding new homes for things that really didn't belong in the craft cupboard.


I love my label maker!
 Do you love to declutter and organise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...