Saturday 11 February 2012

Pea and Bacon Tart

I made this recipe all the time in 2010 and then forgot about it... Until my mother-in-law was coming over for her birthday dinner this week. I spent a long time trawling through old copies of Delicious magazine trying to find it. I've decided to record it here* (with my own modifications...) so that you can enjoy it (and I will know where it is next time!).


2 sheets shortcrust pastry (but in the photos it is puff pastry)
300g bacon (I usually buy the pre-shredded stuff - and in the photos it is actually ham because I picked up the wrong packet)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
8 eggs
385g tin evaporated milk
1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped 
1 cup cheese
2.5 cups frozen peas (defrosted)

Grease a pie tray and line with defrosted pastry.

I bought this one from IKEA & I love it!

Cook the bacon, onion & garlic with a little oil.


Combine the evaporated milk, eggs, cheese and mint. 


Add defrosted peas, as well as the cooked bacon, onions and garlic .


Fill the pie dish.


Cook at 200˚C (170˚C fan-forced) for 40mins. Check that it is cooked by cutting the centre with a knife, to see if it has set.


Serve with salad.

*The original recipe was "pancetta, pea & cheddar deep-pan tart", Delicious, March 2010, p. 118.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...