Sunday 2 October 2011

Meet the newest additions to our family

Once upon a time, we had a beautiful cat named Saffy. Mr Sociable loved him. He used to chase him, cuddle him, jump on him... Sadly, Saffy didn't enjoy their play time as much as Mr Sociable did and, eventually, we sent him to live with my Mum (the cat, not the child :P). 


I've been thinking for a while about getting another pet. I like having animals in our home - and I want to be able to teach my kids to care for them.

Mr Sociable "helping" to feed Saffy
So today, after a long weekend of wet weather, we took the kids to buy some fish. The boys really enjoyed looking at all the fish at the Aquarium.


We chose 3 fantails, which Mr Sociable named Deloris (silvery like my Mum's car), Goldie (the orange/gold one) and Spotty-Wot (the spotty one).


The boys are really excited to watch their new pets!


I'm enjoying having animals in the house again (and fish are just about the right level of effort for this stage of life!) & I'm looking forward to teaching Mr Sociable how to look after them.

Feeding our new pets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...