Tuesday 5 June 2012

Chicken Maryland Pot Roast

A while ago, I tried making a whole chicken pot roast for the first time and everyone loved it! Success!! Mr Fun, who normally will not eat roast, ate the chicken and the rice (tonight he ate the potato too, because I said it was "just like chips"). But the whole chicken was a bit of a pain - I found it hard to cut the chicken up into pieces when it was hot and covered in liquid.

So tonight I made the same meal, but with chicken marylands instead (a chicken maryland is the drumstick and thigh, with skin on). It was much easier, because the chicken was already in pieces, ready to serve - I just separated the drumstick from the thigh when serving. I think next time I would add in a few different cuts of chicken, to provide a mixture of leaner and fattier meat.


Ingredients
4 chicken marylands
6 medium potatoes, cut into large pieces
4 carrots, cut into large pieces
1 large onion, chopped into small pieces
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup white wine (I used sweet, but you could you dry if you prefer)
4 bay leaves

Method
1. Preheat the slow cooker. Spray the bowl of the slow cooker with oil.
2. Add vegetables, then chicken and liquid.
3. Cook for 4-6 hours on low, stirring once, to ensure all of the chicken/veg gets cooked in the yummy liquid.
4. Serve - either by itself or with bread/rice (season with salt/pepper to taste).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...