Wednesday 14 September 2011

Chocolate & Zucchini Muffins

I have posted before about my love of muffins. They are great for hiding fruit/veg, but look just like cake! Today I made a variation on my standard muffin recipe to create Chocolate & Zucchini muffins. Surprisingly delicious!


Chocolate & Zucchini Muffins
1/2 cup oil (I usually use rice bran oil)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract.
4 grated zucchini
2 cups of wholemeal SR Flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
dash of milk to combine

Mix oil, eggs and vanilla. Add flour, sugar, zucchini and cocoa. Mix lightly, then add some milk to combine. Mixture should not be dry, but should still be sticky (rather than runny). Scoop the mixture into muffin trays (makes 18 kid-sized muffins, or 12 large muffins). Bake at 180 degrees (or 160 fan-forced) for 25 mins, or until cooked (they should spring back when lightly pressed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...