Wednesday 12 October 2011

Sick people food (corn soup)

You may or may not know that I've had tonsillitis for about 5 days now. I've been eating lots of soft food (ice-cream, yoghurt, 2 minute noodles, etc). Last night I really felt like some chicken and corn soup. So, using only stuff that I had on hand (ie not chicken), I threw together this very easy soup, which actually tasted pretty good. So I thought I would share it :)


1/2 packet frozen corn (about 500g)
150g diced bacon
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1/2 rice cup of white rice
soy sauce
1 egg

Put the corn, bacon, chicken stock & rice into a saucepan with some water. Cook for about 40 mins, stirring occasionally and adding extra boiling water if required. Put the raw egg into the soup and stir through to break it up into small  pieces. Turn off the heat. Add soy sauce, to taste. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...