We laid out the flowers on paper, in an old flower press I have from when I was little.
|Gran helping to lay out the flowers|
|It was a bit tricky to make the roses lie flat|
|The press all put together and ready to go.|
After a few weeks, we had a look at our flowers. Some of the flowers looked great (eg. the lavender, clover, dandelions). Others went a bit mouldy (eg. the roses and grevilleas). I did some research after the fact & apparently I should have used more absorbent (blotting) paper & also changed the paper regularly. Live and learn!
Anyway, Mr Sociable was pretty happy with the finished result and we made a card for his friend's birthday. She loved it!
|L-R: Lavender, clover, dandelion & some pink flowers from the dirt-pit.|