|At the beautiful swimming beach - the flat, shallow water was great for the kids!|
|Digging a deep hole - they actually continued to work on this hole over a few days!|
|Burying Franky in the hole|
|Mr Fun made a friend too!|
|Ah, brothers :)|
|Collecting the water that ran off the awning - Mr Fun thought it was a great place to play!|
* sticky slap hands
* playdoh & some cutters
* small wooden meccano set
* toy cars with a plastic car mat (the plastic car mat was made from tablecloth vinyl - it was actually really useful for keeping the floor clean in the kids' half of the tent)
* drawing stuff (whiteboard, colouring books, whiteboard crayons)
* battery powered portable DVD player
* a beach ball (which got lost)
* parachute men (which we didn't end up using)
* small plastic tops (which we also didn't use)
|Watching Cars on a rainy morning - note the plastic car mat on the floor|
|Mr Fun, inspecting the wet tent|
|Goanna walking past the tents|
|Ferry trip to Palm Beach|
|My sleeping bubba|
|Taking in the view on the ferry trip home|
As a first time camper, my overall experience was pretty positive. I liked the simplicity of focusing just on basics - spending time together, preparing meals and cleaning up after meals/the beach. I enjoyed the lack of technology which can interrupt relationship time. I liked chatting to one another while we washed up, walking to the beach and playing as a family. I enjoyed all having "rest time" in the afternoons - when the kids would rest/sleep & the adults read books.
Franky was not so easily convinced - he likes warm showers and a comfy bed. Before we write off camping as a family, I'm hoping we can go to a site with car access, hot water and electricity. Perhaps having a few "luxuries" will make camping more bearable for my beloved husband!
What are your experiences of camping? Do you have a favourite place you like to go?