Monday 9 July 2012

Carrot and coconut cake (a holiday baking experiment)

We have just returned from a holiday down the coast. I will post some photos of our adventures later this week. Today, I wanted to share a cake that I cooked. I made up the recipe, based on my basic fruit muffin recipe. It was so yum that I cooked it again (also, I measured the ingredients second time around, so that I could record it).


2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
2 cups grated carrot
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup shredded coconut (I think the first cake I made had a little more coconut than this, which was nice too)
3/4 milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Grease and line a ring pan.


Ask a willing assistant to grate the carrot (this is Mr Sociable's favourite job!).


Combine ingredients in a bowl. The mixture is quite thick. 


Scoop the mixture into the prepare ring pan. Cook at 180˚C until brown on top & cooked through* - insert a skewer to check (it should come out clean).

* The oven in the holiday house was very slow (it took over an hour to cook). I think in a fan-forced oven, it would take about 40 mins at 160˚C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...